Sunday, February 18, 2007

An unbelievable week!

I promise I will keep this short, but this has been an unbelievable week at work.

Many of you know that I work a very stressful job doing business to business collections for a major corporation and that I have been looking for another position either within the company or outside the company.

I cannot divulge all of the details, but I have accepted an offer with a different department in our building. I will be notifying my immediate supervisor tomorrow morning and I am sure that my departure (within 2 weeks) will cause a great deal of controversy because I have been in the department for five years and there has been some turnover lately and those positions have not been filled with permanent employees but with temporaries!

I am very excited about the new opportunity.

  1. My interview lasted 30 mins on Friday and I was offered the job an hour later (definitely of the Lord)
  2. My new manager is very flexible regarding my school schedule and the fact that I have a 10 month old son!
  3. I won't have to work until 7:00 pm anymore! This will allow me to get to Wednesday evening church on time instead of being 10-15 mins late! It will also allow me more time with the family
  4. The new role will present some challenges because I have never done anything like this before, so I will not be bored.
  5. My current position had no real growth opportunities and I watched other people get promoted and advancement, but there was no real career-path in that area.
  6. The 3% increase will also be nice and I will also be eligible for my merit increase in June as well.
  7. Stress in my life will go down greatly because I will not be held responsible for other people's actions
Also, we are moving this Friday to a new apartment which is $20 less monthly but we are gaining a lot more space. Moving is never easy for anyone especially a family. This will be different, because we have lived here in this apartment complex since we were married and this was the first home that our son came home to! We would have liked to stay here because it is so close to work, church and seminary, but the rent was out of our price range and we needed more space. Again, God gave us this new place, because we were literally at our wits end trying to find places with enough space within a reasonable price range. Our new apartment is up higher, we will be on the third floor instead of being at street level on a busy street and in a much quieter neighborhood!

Praise the Lord for His goodness to me and my family!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Peet said...

Terry, congratuations to you in your new position!

I'll be praying for you as you inform your immediate supervisor tomorrow!

Jim

Monday, February 19, 2007 11:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter