Saturday, September 09, 2006

Cancer is cruel

I apologize for not updating this sooner. I went to CA on 8/24 to be with my mom who had just undergone cancer surgery. I was numb most of the time I was there because I was still having trouble processing the fact that my mom was as sick as she was. She had been with us at the end of July and seemed to be fine as far as we can tell.

It was hard to see my mom in a hospital bed with lines and tubes and not feeling the best, but I know that she and my sister were glad that I was there. We basically stayed at the hospital most of the day, leaving only to eat and to go home to sleep. I was there from Thursday until Monday and had to leave Monday afternoon. It was very hard to leave.

Mom was discharged just before Labor Day two days shy of being in the hospital for two weeks. They were able to get the cancer from the colon, but it had already spread to the liver. Now she will be undergoing chemotherapy towards the end of the month.

It is hard to be so far away when all of this is going on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter