Thursday, July 27, 2006

Preaching this week

I am scheduled to preach in the evening service at our church this Sunday. I am preaching from James 1:21-25 on the importance of doing the Word of God versus merely hearing it. If anyone has any good thoughts on this passage, feel free to pass them along. I am still working on finishing this by Friday afternoon.

I enjoy preaching, but right now it has been extremely difficult to find study time. I am having to burn the midnight oil because of other commitments (work, family, etc.) I was working this morning before I went to my place of employment and wished that I was done with seminary and did not have to punch the clock so to speak, that I had the opportunity to lock myself away with the text and finish writing this sermon, then reality kicked in and I was reminded to be on time to work (which I was) or else I would be unemployed and have my wish of being home (but for the wrong reasons!)

Maybe one of these days I will finish seminary, it does not seem like it because I cannot take many classes due to having to work full-time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Hunt said...

Will pray for you - you have a busy weekend!

J

Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter