Saturday, September 23, 2006

With the Lord and cancer-free

My mother passed away on September 20, 2006 at 8:50 pm. I am very thankful that I was able to be here when she died and that I was able to talk with her also before she died as well.

She died very peacefully and without a struggle.

Cancer is a cruel, debilitating disease. It can take a person and make them into nothing. It ravages the body with such unbelievable force and cruelty and in such a short amount of time.

The medical community has made a lot of advances in cancer research and treatment, but there is still a lot of work to do in this area. Losing my mom to cancer has been a hard thing, but it has also increased my awareness to the disease as well.

Her funeral will be Monday afternoon at 1:30 pm. I have written a short essay that I will deliver at the funeral. I will post it here afterwards later in the week.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Peet said...

Terry,

Kathee and I are very sorry about your loss. We had been praying for your Mother and we will continue to pray for you.

Jim and Kathee

Sunday, September 24, 2006 4:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter