Thursday, July 07, 2005

Late night recollections of London events


When I first heard of the news, I knew that Phil Johnson of the Pyromanic blog and his wife were in London, I prayed for their safety and was glad to hear that they were safe. They are travelling back to the US on Friday. Phil has done a great job in telling us about the events first hand from his vantage point and also has told us about his trip to the School of Theology at the Metropolitan Tabernacle. Phil's blog is a great read and I try to get over there at least once a day and sometimes leave a comment or two. Phil, thanks for the picture at the top left, I wanted to use it in my post. I hope you don't mind.?!

I had the opportunity to go to London as part of a church missions trip in 1998.

I have been to most of those places that were bombed, I have been stuck on an LU train once. I know how frightened that people can be in these situations.

It makes you think when things like this happen, and hope that those in authority will catch those responsible for such wicked acts of cowardice and violence.

It makes you want to go to London and preach the Gospel that much more to. London is a city of over 6 million people with very little Gospel witness. Right now, as I am composing this post, I can only think of TWO independent Baptist churches in the city. I know that there are probably more than that and I am just not aware of them. But the only two IFB churches that I am aware of are: Metropolitan Tabernacle and Bethesda Baptist Church.

Enlighten me if there are more... I pray that God will bless those ministries to reach out during this time and preach the light of the gospel in a needy place such as London.

2 Comments:

Blogger Clare said...

Terry

There are several independent baptist churches in the city of London.

Many of them are small and have no web presence, but they are there. I try to link to some from my blog.

fb

Saturday, August 13, 2005 9:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that Londoners need the Gospel, but its not JUST the independent baptist churches that preach that gospel.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter